The last night Emil talked to me, I said I will be painting my black shoes with white paint. I have been convinced that I should have done that years ago. But I am too chicken to be unconventional. And since everyone is using that black shoes, I was forced to wear the same even if deep in my heart, I wanted my black white. Emil is the only person who understood me. He listened intently to my questions of conventional. And even if we do not necessarily agree on my theses and antitheses, he respects me just the same.
I bought this morning the white paint and the one-inch width brush from the hardware store where I asked for a paint that will be good for leather surface. The seller gave me a blank stare but the owner luckily was there and helped me out with the paint. He was helpful enough not to ask questions.
When I came back at home, there's Emil holding a paint brush. He told me I should do it with a family. And we painted my shoes. Now it's pure white. I'm now wearing it. People looking at it looks with dissent and suspicion. I have always been wanting to have my black shoes painted white. The stares hurts but nobody knows that it's bittersweet.
is the black shoes turn into white a metaphor?
ReplyDelete