Most of the blog entries I see contains routinary self-centered post about life. Ehem, this includes mine. For a change, let me share with you a video containing a speech, delivered by David Foster Wallace at Kenyon College way back in 2005. This gives an alternative idea about what education means in relation to awareness to make conscious decisions.
- Not that I fully agree with the person's view of the world.
- I can relate with him to some extent.
- Message is meaty but The Glossary made it more palatable.
I felt like i was a new graduate while listening to his speech. Btw, i checked it on YouTube because it won't play here, i don't know why.
ReplyDeleteWe can't help but be self-centered at times. And i agree with him that it's not how we think that matters, it's what we think of.
Hmmm. I tried to access it using another account. Nagwowork naman siya. San kaya problema.
DeleteVery micro din ang tingin niya sa mga bagay-bagay. Walang institutions and other structures. Kaya agree lang ako to some extent. Hehe. Pero maganda siyang pag-isipan :)
ala panu ba yan mejo mabagl mag load ang videos sa pc kong to!
ReplyDeletesaka nakakanose bleed haha
Naka high res yata ser mecoy kaya mabagal ang loading. Try mo pa rin panoori minsan :)
DeleteIt reminds me of my Philosophy classes back in the university. In reality, choice plays an important part but the education we were used to only gives us rules to follow. Education plays an important part on how we are now and the way we teach at present is what makes great leaders and collaborators. Kudos to great educators!
ReplyDeleteGusto ko yung awareness of making decisions rather than having our default consciousness.
DeleteSer, apply sa ibang school. Masaya maging guro. Mag-iba ng school. Wag ang career :)
bored, stressed, frustrated > options > choose > freedom
ReplyDeletevery deep alright.
ser mike, may pagkaprofound nga.
Deletewell di naman ako agree sa ibang mga ipinupunto nya pero ika nga, it's the speaker's point of view :)
ReplyDeleteNapaisip ako ser Bino kung saan ka hindi nag-aagree :)
Deletewhile watching this video it reminds me one of the writing of Bo Sanchez..so I don't know who is the original one:)
ReplyDeleteAng pagkakaiba lang is that Bo Sanchez explain it more in details or to the more pinoy situation:)
Honestly I'm one of the million people na madaling mag init ang ulo but I'm trying to change my natural default setting...that I'm not the center of the world. So whenever I'm stck in a traffic instead na mainis ako I used the time to call my parents and friends. We need this people for our life support.
At with the long line sa grocery, instead na mainis sa mabagal na cashier what I do is say a little prayer or talk to the person next time. You gain friends pa and you never knw neigbhor mo pala sya:)
Life is really a matter of choice:) Kung pipilihin mo magalit ma stress ka lang at papangit ka pa:)
This are the few things that I need to remind myself every now and then. To be well adjusted...dapat tlaga keep calm lang ang peg! hahaha!
And in situation like this...dito mo malalaman ang may pinag aralan kaya dapat tlga e print ko 2 sa malapag kung nuo.
Totoo. Conscious decision ang lahat dapat. Bawal ang pangit. Bawal piliin magpakastress :)
Deleteay super natapos ko ang video. gusto ko paano i cope up yung mga ganung solusyon. ikli lang kasi ng pasensya ko.
ReplyDeletemiss phioxee na maganda, medyo nag-alala nga ako na baka hindi tapusin ng iba dahil medyo mahaba. pero natuwa ako na tinapos mo :)
DeleteI think this persons point of view isn't applicable to us Filipinos. Even we have a daily routine, we still find time to make everyday fun so it doesn't end up tiring, boring or repetitive. When we feel tired or stressed, we do act upon it - we hang out with family or friends, a simple meal, a movie, a trip - and we're okay again. We're resilient.
ReplyDeleteWe aren't like the Western culture who work too hard, feel stressed and then keeps to himself, and then end up having personal issues - leading to depression and so on. This is upon my observation :)
resilient! big word. lol
Deletekidding aside, naku totoo na very different tayo maghandle ng stress kumpara sa mga kano. kaya lang siguro yung take ng speaker dito sa sinabi niya ay dapat hindi nag-o-automatic mode ang utak natin sa mga ginagawang desisyon :)
ehem, ser zai, ingles, engles din pag may time. hahaha
Haha 1 week ko pinag isipan at sinulat yan! Oo nga, dun may point sya, dapat hindi automatic :)
ReplyDeleteenglish se zai. you're going international. haha XD
Delete