Wednesday, May 9, 2012

On securing birth certificate

This is part of the adventure of getting new work. I have to secure my original copy of birth certificate from National Statistics Office. Not just one but three. I will be working in a government institution yet they ask three copies of original certificate from another government institution. (I guess they do not trust their own system that's why three original copies are required. HA! Well it's not funny, really.)

My friends from the city hall advised me to come to NSO QC by one in the afternoon since less people would like to do transactions during hellish temperature. They were right. There were around a little less than two hundred people as opposed to the one I saw one time in the morning which maybe around a thousand.



I got my queue digit and waited for my number to be called to line up. Good thing they have  benches where people can conveniently wait for their turn. A lot of industrial fans that blow mist also surrounds the waiting area so even if its really hot, it's not that too uncomfortable. Long story short, I was able to face the counter where I have to pay after one and a half hours of waiting. Then they gave me a piece of paper informing me that I can get my birth certificate first thing in the morning. Yey!

This seems like  horrible thing but not really. I experienced securing another original copy of my birth certificate about five years ago and took me almost six hours just to have my chance in the counter. And I had to wait for a day or two to get my copy of the certificate.

Philippine government system is improving. Not the ideal type of fast progress but its improving. I can't wait to see how much it will continue to improve this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment