Sunday, October 11, 2020

Lamy bronze ink, spotify and the f*ed up year

Through contact tracing, the health liaison officer informed me that one staff who I interacted with tested positive. 

I don't have any COVID symptoms (e.g. fever, sore throat, difficulty in breathing and loss of smell and taste). But I am on isolation as a precautionary measure.

The one who tested positive was very apologetic. We followed all the protocols of social distancing at work. So I told him/ her that he doesn't have to say sorry. Nobody in their right mind wants to infect someone else. 

Spotify has been my company lately while in self-isolation. Here are some of the songs that I've been listening to lately.

  1. I'm on top of the world by Imagine Dragons
  2. Happy now by Kygo
  3. I like me better by Lauv
  4. Middle by DJ Snake
  5. Cold water by Major Lazer
Aside from music, I have been writing a lot lately. Thoughts. Random passages that speak to me. Parts of the song I like. I've also been doodling a lot, too. My parents will be relieve to see me using my fountain pens and inks and papers. The picture above shows the Lamy Bronze ink, a 2019 limited edition ink. Lamy fucked it up early and called the orange ink, bronze. It should have been a warning to many of us that 2020 will be a mess. 

EDIT: 

I've been toying around the Lamy Bronze ink hours after I published this blog post. With a generous amount on paper, the orange color turns into terracotta clay pot color. 




The drier the ink spreads on paper, the more orange it becomes. But the more generous the ink stays on paper, the more "bronze" it becomes. 














2 comments: