Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Tell me again/ What's it like on the other side/ Are you still living in fear?
May I share with you the song written ang sang by my friends. The title of the song is Prodigals. Its from Aphrodite EP, released March 23, 2016. The name of the band is The Ridleys.
Tell me what you think of the song:
Here's the lyrics:
I hear them calling
They're calling out to me
They tell me freedom is here
Yeah freedom's finally here
And all the while rain is falling
Just like notes on a symphony
They tell me not to feel fear
'Cause freedom's finally here
'Take one bite to take the fall
We'll be right next to you through it all
With these words I saw
With these words I saw
I once was caged but now I'm free
And I don't really wanna go home
I once was blind but now I see
And I don't really wanna go home
I've paid the price, I know the cost
Don't preach to me, I know I'm lost
And if my father calls for me
Tell him I don't really wanna go, don't really wanna home
Tell me again
What's it like on the other side
Are you still living in fear?
Are you still living in fear?
Aren't we all just human
We turn to dust when we die
Sacrifice every year
To please the gods we hold dear
'Take one bite to take the fall
We'll be right next to you through it all
With these words I saw
With these words I saw
I once was caged but now I'm free
And I don't really wanna go home
I once was blind but now I see
And I don't really wanna go home
I've paid the price, I know the cost
Don't preach to me, I know I'm lost
And if my father calls for me
Tell him I don't really wanna go, don't really wanna go home
No I don't wanna go back to where I couldn't run
Do you see me now? I've only just begun
I won't stop to lay my head
Until I've reached the sun
No I don't wanna go back to where I couldn't run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bet ko yung genre nila.. Ang gagaling :) Sana makapunta ko sa isang gig nila in the future. Eve nth pa-deep lyrics is nice.. Where can I download? hehehe..
ReplyDeleteDi ba ang galing talaga nila! I'm proud of these men! All are undergrad students (2 from UPd and one from UST). You cant download their songs. It's not available for download. You can hear them in RX radio. Or you can buy their CD, wherein you cant rip the songs. Talagang pwede lang i-play. :)
DeleteGaling! :)
ReplyDeleteMay sarili silang tunog. Di ko alam kung bakit habang pinakikinggan ko yung kanta nila bigla kong naisip yung anime na Hunter X Hunter, feeling ko tuloy ang song nila ay pwede maging official sound track ng isang magandang anime :) Feeling ko lang naman :)
Nakaka-LSS yung mga putol sa dulo -
"...here.
...fear.
...dear."
sarap pakinggan :)
Ang sarap pakinggan ano? Excited ako sa susunod na lalabas nila mga kanta. I heard that they will finally release an album (10 songs daw) this June.
DeleteKelangan pumatok at mabenta ang EP nila. Para makapagrecord at makaproduce sila ng mga bagong kanta :)
Good luck! Sana maging successful sila, para manumbalik ang mga pinoy band sa mainstream :)
Deletewhy is it entitled "aphrodite"? just wondrin
ReplyDeleteHi Mon! The title of the song there is Prodigals. It has reference I think with the Prodigal Son story from Luke 15:11-32.
DeleteAs for the EP, its entitled Aphrodite. It's one of the four songs. It has reference to the Greek goddess. :)
Gusto ko mapakinggan!
ReplyDeleteFSOQ, pwede mo pakinggan sila online.may mga gig din sila sa metro manila.
Delete