Thursday, December 18, 2014

Honoring Dad

It has become such time when being meaningfully "fathered" becomes so rare. I am a privileged anak to have a Dad like you. You make sure that my needs are provided for. You crack corny jokes when life gets serious or when I am very tense. You never fail to randomly say that you love me. And you are praying for me.


When I was a kid, you knew when to discipline me. When I was a teenager, you let me be myself and gave me space and freedom because I know you trust me. When I started becoming a grown up man, you know when to correct me and you are in perfect timing in giving me those grains of salt about life's decision.

You dream big for me. And never tires hoping that I become a great man. Thank you for blessing me with hope in life, which motivates me now to always push forward despite humps in highways.

We never get along when it comes to political paradigm. So we resolve to minimize talks about them. You always make sure that we can have dinner full of kwentos and interesting anecdotes.

To my awesome Dad, this is just to say how much I appreciate you. And how much I thank God for giving me a Dad who is hardworking, loving and funny.

I love you! Verily, verily!


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hooyyyy Lalah, seryoso si ser OP. wag ka nga jan XD

      Delete
    2. Napaisip tuloy ako sa "hugot" ni Lalah, ano ba hahaha :)

      Delete
  2. Touching :) I'm sure your father will shed a tear or two (I did) if he ever gets to read this :)

    Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. may kurot sa puso ang post na ito

    ReplyDelete