Sunday, July 13, 2025

Mouthful purchase from UPLB

From Quezon City, I was supposed to go directly to Lumban to get my piña callado barong for a work event this July. But circumstances made me visit the 60th anniversary of UPLB CIDL.  It was where I saw this, ehem, mouthful pottery. 

The seller said that she got the pot from Region 3. The seller took time to color the pots she ordered, a hobby during the COVID-19 pandemic, which in the post-pandemic then turned into a small business. 

It's ugly and enticing. Despite the hassle of bringing it back to Quezon City as a hardcore bus commuter, I can't turn down the enticing 50% off from its original price. 

So yeah, cheers to purchasing an unneeded item just because it's despicable and ugly and enticing. 

4 comments:

  1. ang ganda. interesting yung pot :D musta sir OP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jep. I am getting old. My body knows that it is already in the process of combustion and disintegration.

      But life has been kind and wonderful. And people are patient and generous and more warm to me than ever before. I am a lucky guy showered by grace.

      Kumusta ka?

      Delete
  2. I love it. Love unique pots. I have 2 with faces and I bring them inside especially during the winter kasi baka magka crack when it gets too cold outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lili. It's nice to hear from an artist. Who enjoys some common quirks.

      I have to control my collection of stuff. My house is a very small, one bedroom apartment.

      Delete