Thursday, November 5, 2020

Orange like a burnt sunset.

I have a client at work that later on became a very close friend. She gifted me several fountain pen inks two years ago. She told me that it was for my soon-to-be promotion at work. I told her that I will open it once the promotion is official so that the event will not be jinxed. 

Two years has past and I haven't opened her gift. 

This friend keeps telling me how much she anticipates to know whether I like the inks or not. 

The pandemic sucked all the good things that this 2020 has to offer. And I badly needed a pick me up event. So I decided to open her gift. But promised to myself that I will only try one of the three inks. I am reserving the other two for my promotion. 

One of the inks she gave is the orange ink of pilot. In particular it's called Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-yake (sunset burnt orange). It is a wet and flowy ink that performs well on a medium nib to show a range of shade (red-orange to pale orange). 

I decided to use the Scrikss pen that I bought during my layover in Istanbul, my last out of country flight before the whole pandemic. I think it perfectly matches with the ink called burnt sunset. A sort of culmination of the happy times. 

I have also been writing a lot of prayers on my notebook. Frustration. Wishful thinkings. All the thoughts that has been piling and decaying in my mind.  

I sent this photo to my friend. And I told her I very much like how the orange ink changes its shading as I write on the paper. I also told her that I am very much thankful for her. She cringed. Just like when eating burnt orange. 

Very appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment