Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kawikaan ngayong umaga


There are three things that amaze me—
    no, four things that I don’t understand: 
how an eagle glides through the sky,
    how a snake slithers on a rock,
    how a ship navigates the ocean,
    how a man loves a woman



 Proverbs 30:18-19  New Living Translation (NLT)

-----------------
Encountering these verses turns me like a drunkard longing for more wine, or a person thirsting for cold buko juice after walking the whole length of EDSA during cloudless summer night. I just love how the book of Proverbs can be so poetic and practical and poignant. If only I realize early in life how exciting Bible reading is.

This is a good dose of senseful literary lines to start my week. 

May 12, 2014
8:30AM
Own Office

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know the Proverbs has such poetic, almost romantic writing :) Mabasa ko din nga.

    Have a great week ahead Overthinker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where I fail as a Christian - I can't read the bible dedicatedly :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi naman kailangan basahin Miss Balut dahil kailangan. Basahin for the experience and meaningful encounter with the Word. :)

      Delete